I met up with my Staff Developer today at school, for the first time. YIKES! I guess I should have been more prepared to walk into a room with blank, dirty fingerprinted walls, and tables piled on top of each other in the middle of the room. I was trying to get a feel for where to start. Do I wipe down all the walls, do I clean out the dirt and grime from all the drawers, do I need to bring cleaning supplies from home to clean this mess...? Yep, I do. My Staff Developer is suppose to help guide me and answer questions, well I think I left more frustration than when I went in. There was not more than 50 books in the classroom to put in my reading center. Guess I will be scrounging some up. I have always heard that teachers spend a lot of their own money, now I see why. Now I have the challenge to decorate and create an environment to make a difference in 20 second graders. I have some great ideas, and plan to implement them. This will be a fun first year. I hope my creative sis will help me decorate...
Let the challenge begin.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Getting a feel for BHE
Posted by Katt at 9:03 PM
Labels: internship
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment